UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 (Prelims): Dates, Application Form, Eligibility: UPSC Civil Services Exam will be declare a various post of the country successfully for the pasting few years. The posted are civil services and designations.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 (Prelims): Dates, Application Form, Eligibility
UPSC(Union Public Commission Service ) will be recruitment a various civil services exam notification declare by UPSC Civil Service Exam 2020 on the month of February. The complete detail will be mention here
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 Notification :
Civil Services Application form will be start from February 19, 2020. Applicant can apply for the examination.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 Overview :
|NAME OF EXAM||Civil Services Exam 2020|
|ORGANIZED BY||UPSC (Union Public Commission Services)|
|TYPE OF EXAM||Central Level Exam|
|POSTNAME||Various central civil services and designations|
|STAGES||Stage-1: MCQ-100 marks(Preliminary Exam), Stage-2:Descriptive Type(Main Exam), Stage-3:Contain 275 marks (Personal Interview)|
|TOTAL MARKS||Preliminary Exam (100 Marks), Personal Interview (275 Marks)|
|QUESTIONS TYPE||Preliminary Exam (MCQ), Main Exam (Descriptive Type)|
|EXAM TIME PEROID||2 hours duration (Each exam in Preliminary Stage)|
|ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||Bachelor degree ( any discipline)|
|DATE OF EXAM||June 2, 2020 (Prelims)|
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 Important Dates(Tentative):
|Notification Issue||19th February 2020|
|Application form Open||19th February 2020|
|Close date for Application Submission (online)||18th March 2020|
|Admit card(Prelims)||Last week of May 2020|
|Date of Exam(Preliminary)||2nd June 2020 (1 Day)|
|Result (Prelims exam)||August 2020|
|Admit Card(Main Exam)||September 2020|
|Exam Date of Main||20th September 2020 (5 Days)|
|Final result(Declaration)||January 2021|
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 Application Form:
Applicant have to fill the application form of UPSC Civil Services (like IAS, IPS, IES, etc).Application form will be open in the official website of UPSE. Application form will only in online mode or not another mode. Eligible applicant before applying must read the instruction carefully. Applicants will have to full fill all the information & personal detail carefully in application form. After fill all the detail applicant will have to upload the scanned photo and signature.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
Before applying applicant must check the eligibility criteria. Applicant must have Bachelor degree (in any discipline)form recognized university/institute. Applicant who appearing the last year of exams can also apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020.
Chart for Age limit & Number of Attempts
|Category||Upper age limit||No. of attempts|
|General||32 Years||06 Attempts|
|OBC||35 Years||09 Attempts|
|SC/ST||37 Years||No bar|
|PH (Blind, Deaf, Orthopedic)||42 Years||GEN/OBC= 9 Attempts SC/ST= No bar|
|J & K Domicile||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC= 40 Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs, PH=50 Yrs||No bar|
|Disabled servicemen, disabled from duty.||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC=40 Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs.||No bar|
Application fee is Rs 100/- only for the General/OBC & No need to pay SC/ST/PH application. Application fee will be submitted by branch of SBI Bank in cash,& credit/debit card & Internet banking.
Selection Procedure of UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 :
For the final selection there will be considered three stages which are Preliminary Exam, Main exam and Interview. The Stage-I(Preliminary Exam) will have MCQ type questions which carry 100 marks. The Stage-2(Main Exam/ will have Descriptive type test. The Stage-3 (Personal Interview) which carry 275 marks.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 Exam Pattern:
CSAT(Civil Services Aptitude Test) is known as Preliminary Exam. In preliminary exam contain 2 paper which are Paper I & Paper II. The paper duration will be 2 hours for each paper carry 200 marks.
Paper I will contain the topics are current events, Indian history, Indian national movements, Indian & world geography, Indian polity, economy, social development, environmental ecology, biodiversity etc.
Paper II : Overview topics (comprehension, interpersonal skills, communication, logical reasoning, analytical ability, decision making, problem-solving, data interpretation, English language etc)of Paper II. The exam mode is online. Applicant must know that for each wrong question 1/3 mark will be subtracted.
|Papers||Question papers details||Total Marks||Total Time|
|I||General Studies – It is counted for qualifying the Civil Services Exam.||200||2 hrs|
|II||Aptitude test (CSAT) – In this paper applicant must score at least 33% marks. It is not counted for writing the Mains Exam.||200||2 hrs|
|Paper A||One of the Indian languages which is selected by the applicants (qualifying)||300|
|Paper B||English (qualifying)||300|
|Paper II||General studies I||250|
|Paper III||General studies II||250|
|Paper IV||General studies III||250|
|Paper V||General studies IV||250|
|Paper VI, VII||Papers of those 2 subjects chosen by you from a list||500|
Applicant much known about Personal Interview will contain mental abilities, Intellectual skills, social traits & interest in current affairs. Interview will not only be cross the questioning but it will be a natural conversation. After qualifying the Main exam applicant will be eligible for the Personal Interview.
UPSC Civil Services 2020 Cut Off:
The previous year cutoff help to see the Expected cutoff Civil Services 2020
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 Admit Card:
Admit card will be available before the 2-3 week of exam. Admit card will be downloaded from the official website of UPSC. Admit card are in the pdf format. Applicant must be carry admit card on the exam center. Applicant useful information about the roll no., exam center, timing ,date etc will be mention in admit card.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 Result:
The result will be release on the official website. Both the preliminary and main exam result will be release separately. The preliminary result will open on the month of August 2020 & Main Exam will open on January 2020.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 Syllabus for Civil Services Exam:
Paper I Syllabus (General Studies)
- (Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World) under Indian & World Geography.
- (Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc) under Indian Polity & Governance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Current Affairs: Events of national and international importance
- Economic & Social Development (Poverty, Inclusion, Sustainable Development, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.)
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change (no subject specialization required)
- General Science
Paper II Syllabus
- General mental ability
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (orders of magnitude, numbers & their relations, etc.) (Class 10th level), Data Interpretation etc.
- Decision making and problem solving
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
- Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level
Prepare for General Studies Civil Services 2019
- In 2 hours hundred question will be solve. Multiple Choice Questions – multiple response correct
- Multiple Choice Questions – single response correct
- Multiple Choice Questions – Matching type
- It means there will be around 80 seconds to answer each question.
- Each question carries two marks
- Correct answer will fetch 2 marks; a wrong answer means a loss of 0.66 marks.
- So speed and accuracy is essential to tackle this examination.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 Important Books for Pre Exam:
- History Of Modern India – Bipan Chandra. (History)
- India’s Ancient Past – R.S. Sharma. (History)
- India’s Struggle For Independence – Bipan Chandra. (History)
- The Wonder That Was India – A.L. Bhasham. (Culture)
- History Of Medieval India – Satish Chandra. (History)
- Geography of India – Majid Husain. (Geography)
- Indian Art and Culture – Nitin Singhania. (Culture)
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography – Goh Cheng Leong. (Geography)
- Oxford School Atlas – Oxford. (Geography)
- Indian Economy – Ramesh Singh. (Economy)
- Science and Technology in India – TMH. (Science and Technology)
- Economic Survey. (Economy)
- Indian Polity for Civil Services Examinations – M. Laxmikanth. (Polity)
- From Crisis to Cure by Rajagopalan(Environmental Studies)
- Current Affairs -India Year Book
- Analytical Reasoning by M. K. Pandey (CSAT – Paper II: Analytical Reasoning)
- CSAT-II by Arihant or CSAT Paper – 2 Manual by TMH
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning – R. S.Aggarwal (CSAT Paper 2: Reasoning)
Important Books for Main Exam:
- Norman Lowe OR History of Modern World – Jain and Mathur (World History – GS1)
- India After Gandhi – Ramchandra Guha (History – GS1)
- Essays for Civil Services – Pulkit Khare (Essay Paper)
- IAS Mains General Studies Paper 2 (Arihant Manual – GS2)
- Social Problems In India – Ram Ahuja. (Indian Society – GS1)
- Pax Indica – Shashi Tharoor. (Foreign Policy – GS2)
- Governance in India for CSE. (Governance – GS2)
- IAS Mains General Studies – GS3. (Arihant Manual – GS3)
- India and the World by Surendra Kumar. (Foreign Policy – GS2)
- Challenges to Internal Security of India. (Internal Security – GS3)
- India’s National Security: A Reader. (Internal Security – GS3)
- IAS Mains General Studies – Ethics. ( Arihant Manual – GS4)
- Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude. ( Ethics – GS4)